Monday, April 28, 2008

Semester grades shaping up

I am getting semester grades sorted out this morning for seniors. Therefore, there is a new line in your My Grades page: Exams, writing regular points.

This line is the subtotal of regular points on exams and writing assignments, but no bonus points. I usually leave bonus points for last. But the Exams, writing regular points line can give you seniors an idea of where your grade is right now. But don't bother looking until I get all the writing assignments points in for you... it is my big task for today.

For everybody, look at the middle column below, Points, to figure out the letter grade levels. I go by points, not by percentage, for semester grades. I do not grade "on the curve."

      Points          Percentage
A     225 or more     90% or higher
B     188             75%
C     150             60%
D     125             50%
F     fewer than 125  below 50%
So when I add in bonus points after all other grading is done, your letter grade might inch up a bit.