Sunday, April 21, 2013

All but the final

I just updated all points from mini-quiz participation, making 52 possible based on 13 mini-quizzes, 4 points each.

You now have all regular points for the semester other than the final examination.

You can now estimate can now estimate your grade going into the final:

  1. Add up the midterm exam subtotal and the mini-quiz participation subtotal, then
  2. divide that sum by 132. That gives you your percentage going into the final exam.
  3. Look up that percentage on the red grade scale table on the syllabus page.
  4. Note: You cannot use the points values in the grade scale yet, because the final exam is not on the books yet.
And I apologize that the gradebook inside Webcourses is somewhat incomprehensible. I just cannot get it to do what I want, and I cannot turn off all its loathesome percentages! BAH!