Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Equivalent grades as of March 30th

I just computed March 30 equivalent grades for everybody, in points (out of 90) and in percentage. If we suddenly concluded the semester today, these would be your grade numbers.

Here are the three subcalculations:

  1. I added up your two exam scores.
  2. I added up your two writing assignment scores.
  3. I also added in the few bonus points you might have earned. Not many of you have earned any, though.

If you have more than 45 points, your grade, if I wrote it today, would be passing.

If you have 81 points or more, that'd be 90% of 90 points, so you'd get an A -- if I wrote grades today.

If your pointage is between 45 and 81 today, then take a look at the percentage values on the "Grades and points for spring 2009," page, (click the roving eye icon in Webcourses) and they will give you an idea of where your grade lies right now.

All of your numbers will change before the end of the semester, because

  1. we have one more midterm exam, April 16th
  2. a small writing assignment to be announced soon and
  3. the final exam, May 2, which is cumulative and mandatory for everybody.
This can drastically change your semester pointage up or down. So do not let me catch you napping.