Friday, July 11, 2008

Code for Writing Task 1A, item 1

Writing task 1A, item 1 is actually a Webcourses assessment, so it does not have a built-in rubric like the other tasks. But it is easy to grade if I use a simple code.

If you see that you have 5/5, then you snagged each item on the rubric. Everything A-OK, and many of you are doing so.

If you are 4/5 or less, then you got dinged for one or more of the rubric items. If you click on your "attempt" you can read my comments. It will look a bit like this page (click for full size), which is my demo-student page. Here is the code that you will see in my comments:

  • -D if I take -1 point off on the DETAIL criterion.
  • -G if I take -1 point off on the GRACE criterion.
  • -C if I take -1 point off on the COMP criterion.
  • -O if I take -1 point off on the ONTPC criterion.
  • -T if I take -1 point off on the TRUE criterion.

If I take off more than that, it will look like -DG for points off on the DETAIL and GRACE criterion.

For the other writing tasks, you will see the criteria directly, no codes.

Remember, be patient as the writing task grades come dribbling in over the next few days, and concentrate on plenty of study concepts in concept guide 2A.