Saturday, February 23, 2008

Next midterm faster

I know several of you have alerted me to how much you had to rush rush rush on midterm exam 1. My lecture students handle 50 questions in 60 minutes or so, but on the midterm they took on Thursday (21st), several dozen worked right up to the buzzer, just about.

So I will keep your alerts in mind for the next midterm and final. There are things I can do to make it a bit more sleek, time-wise, and still keep to the 50-question, 60-minute format and still keep the challenge level up to my standards. I hope the modifications will let you work rapidly and well, but with a bit less time pressure.

Remember: my exams are meant to be tough to ace yet tough to flunk.

  • For the student who studies like a house on fire, doing extra study and talking with me and with Ashton in discussions etc., it will be a challenge to get 50/50, yet...
  • for the good and faithful student who works the ordinary amount each week with reading, mini-quiz work etc., it will be tough to flunk, cuz they'll have the basics squared away.